The Scarborough Fly and Bait Casting Association (SFBCA for short) is an open and welcoming angling club based in the east end of Toronto.
Free Trial Visit:
Before deciding whether or not the SFBCA is right for you, why not attend a couple of our meetings for free. You can talk with some of our members, see how we operate, maybe try your hand at tying some flies. No pressure to join right away.
We meet every other Tuesday in the Fall/Winter at Birkdale Community Centre (1299 Ellesmere Rd., Toronto). Meetings start at 6:30 pm. Check out the SFBCA Calendar for complete list of meeting dates.
Throughout the Spring/Summer we meet weekly at a local park to practice fly and spin casting.
To attend an SFBCA meeting, email email@example.com
- Annual SFBCA dues are $50, payable by July 31 of each year.
- Membership dues for new members are pro-rated based on when they join (i.e. someone who joins halfway through the SFBCA fiscal year, would only have to pay for a half year membership). The SFBCA fiscal year runs from Aug 1 to July 31 of the subsequent year.
- An SFBCA membership includes membership for any spouse and children.
- Don’t have to live in Scarborough to join. We have members from Brampton, Pickering, Oshawa, Belleville, Kitchener, Stouffville and downtown Toronto.
Benefits of Becoming an SFBCA Member:
- Access to numerous “secret” club fishing holes around the GTA and beyond.
- Bi-weekly rod building and fly tying meetings in the Fall and Winter.
- Weekly outdoor casting lessons during the Spring and Summer
- Organized club fishing trips to some of the best trout waters in Ontario
- Annual club trout tournament and BBQ
- Improve your skills by fishing with experienced (and patient) SFBCA members
- Membership for spouse and all children included in $50 annual fee
- Free access to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show
- Use of the club’s fly tying materials (hooks, feathers, fur, etc.)
- A snazzy embroidered club patch that you can sew onto your fishing vest, baseball cap, tuxedo jacket, etc.
Want more info? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org